PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE PAGE BEFORE FILLING OUT THE REQUEST FORM
What can I expect from a consultation?
A consultation is a 15-minute conversation with your therapist to briefly explore your counseling needs & your therapist’s ability to effectively meet those needs. Not every consultation leads to ongoing treatment. Your therapist may refer you to another clinician who may be a better match for you. There is no cost for a consultation.
If you are interested in non-clinical services (i.e. coaching, supervision, or professional consultation), a consultation will allow you to discuss your goals & ensure that your provider can offer the guidance you are looking for.
What makes someone a great fit?
Life After Therapy specializes in working with Black, Afro-Caribbean, & other women of color (from young adulthood through middle age), including those who identify as part of the LGBTQ+ community. We also offer self-care centered therapy for clinicians, & other helping professionals, who are ready to do their own healing work.
Great fit clients are committed to the therapy process, & are willing to do the hard work it takes to understand their emotions, heal past wounds, break toxic cycles, & truly connect with themselves & others. These individuals are seeking one-on-one, virtual therapy for depression, anxiety, difficult life transitions, interpersonal concerns, identity concerns, low self-esteem, and/or acculturative/minority stress.
Life After Therapy does NOT specialize in treating eating disorders, substance use disorders, OCD, personality disorders, bipolar disorder, or disorders that involve hallucinations, delusions, or explosive rage.
To be a great fit for supervision or professional consultation, candidates must demonstrate a passion for working with marginalized communities using trauma-informed modalities, empowerment-based frameworks, & intuitive skills.
What else do I need to know?
- You must be 18 years or older & located in the state of Georgia to participate in Life After Therapy services.
- You may only request services for yourself.
- All therapy sessions are conducted virtually.
- Business operating hours are 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Consultations are usually scheduled on Tuesdays or Wednesdays at between 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM.
- Life After Therapy does not provide counseling for couples, children/teens, or families.
- Therapy sessions cost $150 per 50-60 minutes, unless the client is using United Healthcare(UHC) or Aetna insurance. For information about fees, payments, & your rights under the “No Surprises” Act, please review our Payments Page.
Life After Therapy services are not appropriate for clients who are experiencing a mental health crisis. If you believe you are in crisis, please call 9-1-1 or contact the Georgia Crisis Line.