PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE PAGE BEFORE FILLING OUT THE REQUEST FORM
What can I expect from a consultation?
A consultation is a 15-minute conversation with the therapist to briefly explore your counseling needs & the therapist’s ability to meet those needs. Not every consultation leads to ongoing treatment. The therapist may refer you to another clinician who may be a better match for you. There is no cost for a consultation.
If you are interested in non-clinical services (i.e. supervision or professional consultation), a consultation will allow you to discuss your professional goals & ensure that our services are exactly what you need.
What makes someone a great fit?
Life After Therapy specializes in working with Black, Afro-Caribbean, & other Women of Color (ages 25 to 55). Our services are tailored for women who identify as part of the LGBTQ+ community, & those who identify as adult children of immigrants. We also offer self-care centered therapy for helping professionals who are ready to do their own healing work.
Great fit clients are committed to the therapy process, & are willing to do the hard work it takes to heal past wounds, break toxic cycles, & truly connect with themselves. These individuals are seeking one-on-one, virtual therapy, at least twice a month, for depression, anxiety, difficult life transitions, interpersonal concerns, low self-esteem, and/or stress related to their racial, sexual, or cultural identity.
Life After Therapy does NOT specialize in treating eating disorders, substance use disorders, OCD, personality disorders, bipolar disorder, or disorders that involve hallucinations, delusions, or explosive rage. Clients who are experiencing suicidal thoughts, homicidal thoughts, or self-harming behaviors are not eligible for virtual therapy & must seek in person treatment.
To be a great fit for supervision or professional consultation, candidates must demonstrate a passion for working with marginalized communities using trauma-informed modalities, empowerment-based frameworks, & intuitive skills.
At this time, post-therapy coaching services are only offered to former therapy clients.
What else do I need to know?
- You must be 18 years or older & located in the state of Georgia to participate in Life After Therapy services.
- You may only request services for yourself.
- All therapy sessions are conducted virtually between 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Life After Therapy does not provide counseling for couples, children/teens, or families.
- Life After Therapy does not provide legal paperwork or documentation, unless required by a Court of Law.
- Therapy sessions cost $160 per 50-60 minutes, unless the client is using United Healthcare (UHC) or Aetna insurance. For information about fees, payments, & your rights under the “No Surprises” Act, please review our Payments Page.
Life After Therapy services are not appropriate for clients who are experiencing a mental health crisis. If you believe you are in crisis, please call 9-1-1 or contact the Georgia Crisis Line.